Conveyor Chain & Roller Chain
Chain & Drives supply a large range of Chain from market-leading suppliers including IWIS, Kana, Senqcia (Hitachi) and more.
Why use a Chain Drive System?
- LONG LIFE - Chain drive systems and in particular roller chain systems have a very long service life because the chain load is distributed over several sprocket teeth, keeping bearing pressures down in comparison to the power being transmitted.
- SURVIVAL - When chains are made, parts are constructed from heat treated & quality controlled material, ensuring an ability to withstand shock loads & rough conditions.
- ADAPTABILITY - No need for specific lengths, replacement or adjustment of pulleys. Chains can be adapted to fit any installation transmitting a range of powers. Chain drives can also be driven from a single shaft to several other shafts. They can also engage on both sides of the sprocket allowing drive components to run in an opposite direction.
- EFFICIENCY - Chains transmit power with a high efficiency throughout the life of a drive system. Because the loads are evenly distributed throughout drive, there are no separating forces, bearing pressures or radial loads to waste power. Because of this bearing and frame sizes for the supports could be smaller, allowing for cost savings throughout the system.
- MAINTENANCE - Chain installation is very simple, only requiring alignment of sprockets on a drive. Most times this can easily be achieved using hand tools. Chains are also relatively easy to maintain, having the ability to either connect or disconnect without drive disassembly. Chains can also be shortened or lengthened with ease using additional links.
- PRECISION - Roller chains are manufactured with precise technology. Due to the nature of manufacture, chains undergo rigorous testing to prove strength and life. Close control of roller diameters and other critical dimensions contribute to chains having a long life operating quietly yet very efficient.