Cone Ring Couplings
Cone Ring couplings transmit the load from one member to the other by means of a number of steel pins fitted with multiple, conical section Flexirings.
- Simple uncomplicated construction
- Requires no lubrication or maintenance
- Reduce starting shock
- Help absorb vibration and provide torsional flexibility
- Operate in either direction
- Coupling halves manufactured from high-grade cast-iron. They can be supplied in cast-steel on application.
- Each flexiring and pin assembly can be removed by withdrawing them through the bush half of the coupling for ease of replacement of the flexirings after long service.
- Available in standard, Taperbush, and Rigid coupling models.
- From Table 1 Service Factors page 1-2 of GBC Couplings determine the Service Factor.
- Calculate the Design Power by multiplying the Absorbed Power of the driven machine by the Service Factor.
- Determine the size MC coupling required by matching the design power to a power rating that matches or exceeds the Design Power.
- Ensure the dimensions of the selected coupling fit your design requirements and shaft sizes can be accommodated.
* NOTE 1: MC Flanges accommodate larger shaft sizes than MCT Flanges.
* NOTE 2: By convention the pin half is mounted on the driven shaft.