The GS Grid Coupling is a general purpose, lubricated grid coupling design that combines the economy and the high torque capacity of a gear coupling, combined with the torsional flexibility of an elastomer coupling. Our Grid Couplings are interchangeable with market leading brands.
Grid couplings use two slotted hubs with a steel grid running between them to transmit torque. Grid couplings are available in horizontal and vertical styles. The grid coupling flexes by allowing the grid to slide along the slots in the hubs. Grid couplings can only accommodate 1/3° misalignment and transmit very high torque requirements
Our GS Grid couplings are noted for reducing vibration, absorbing shock and compensating for misalignment. The flexible nature of the spring-like grid absorbs impact energy by spreading it out over time, thus reducing the magnitude of the peak loads. This is possible because of the progressive contact that occurs between the curved profile of the hub teeth and the flexible grid. Therefore, as the load increases, more of the tooth comes into contact with the grid, thus supplying superior protection and supreme performance.
Grid Couplings are fully interchangeable between manufacturers. The grid coupling is noted for being simple to install and maintain, reducing downtime. Contact Chain & Drives to assist in identifying the right grid coupling for your application.
Features & Benefits:
- In the event of severe overload, grid breaks and prevents damage to high capital cost connected equipment.
- GS Grid Coupling comes with optional Horizontal Split case.
- When the parallel misalignment is too severe, the relating machine is protected by the virtue of shearing Grid or Tooth.
- Service life of connected equipment including bearings and seals are extended due to Grid Coupling smooth high torque capabilities.
- Quick installation and easy maintenance reduce labour cost and downtime costs.
- GS Grid coupling is interchangeable with international industry standard brands.
- 100% transmission of power at low noise emission.