Vulkan RATO DG
The RATO DG coupling has been specially designed for use in installations requiring a medium level of torsional flexibility and misalignment capacity.
These couplings are used for drives with rigidly mounted diesel and gas engines and electric motors in marine and offshore applications as well as stationary installations (power plants). By virtue of its construction, it is also ideally suited for positioning drives, since it is supported vertically when installed upright. The range of torsional stiffness available allows fine-tuning with regard to the steady state and transient torsional vibration response.
- Protection of the connected generator against axial vibrations for a longer service life of the bearings.
- Optimal heat dissipation ensures functionality and availability of the drive system even under the toughest conditions.
- The element design guarantees backlash-free torque transmission, which results in an excellent transmission characteristic in reference to controller stability during loading and unloading of the coupling.
- Easier removal of the elastomer without displacement of the connected units.
- Outstanding sound insulation properties because direct contact of metal surfaces is avoided.
- Since the elastic element is designed stopfree, the shaft line is protected against the effects of shock loads, such as short circuits.
- Maximum flexibility in finding the right solution thanks to high modularity and a wide range of special designs.
8.0 kNm - 160.0 kNm
Generator sets on rigidly mounted engines, positioning drives