Stainless Steel Motors
Chain & Drives supplies the Stainless Steel motors range.
Stainless Steel motors are required by the following industries:
- Food Processing and Production
- And anywhere that requires a very clean sanitised environment. These motors are designed to work in applications where the motors are Steam or Chemically Cleaned at regular intervals.
- Totally hose proof and dust proof (IP66)
- Quickly and easily cleaned
- Motor not damaged by caustic cleaning solutions
- Up to 7.5KW 132M frame available
- Double lip oil seal with corrosion proof gamma seal
- 12mm terminal gasket
- Sealing compound on end shields
- Special NTN blue seal bearings
- C3 high temperature (200°C)
- Varnished rotor to prevent rust
- 4 quadrant drain plugs
- Condensation release drain plug
- Hand wound and inverter duty
- Smooth body for easy cleaning
- Vacum impregnated windings
- 304 stainless
- Etched nameplate
- Locked bearing front end
- Metric IEC frames
- MEPS approved
- B3, B5, B35, B34 mounting
- Improved labyrinth seal
- Eco-tech labyrinth seal
- Stainless steel front bearing
- 9RB gamma seal
- Stainless steel housed oil seals
Stainless Steel motors are designed and manufactured to operate in extreme conditions with high ambient temperatures, high humidity, water, steam, etc. These motors are IP67 as standard and can operate under water! The motors have a specially designed construction which avoids the use of through bolts or end shield bolts. The outer surfaces of the motors are completely smooth to make it easier to clean and wash away any dirt, food scraps or debris that might collect on them.
The motors can be manufactured in 302, 304, or 316 Grades of Stainless Steel. Standard motors are produced in SS304 Food Grade – for a long service life with no corrosion. The shafts are made from SS420 as standard.